About my Blog

I started this blog to preserve the funny, sad, whimsical, and interesting memories in the new chapter of my life. I believe that I am a unique person, and sometimes I feel like the strangest animal on this planet. If you feel like a kindred spirit, please feel free to comment and share your experiences as well. Thanks for dropping by! \o/

Saturday, June 16, 2012

First Week is Over!

First week of med school is over, and so we celebrated at Green Mango (a restaurant that has good food at reasonable prices). How do I find med school? Hm, well it's hard to say at the moment. So far, we haven't broached the topic of the human body yet, so it has been smooth sailing.

Our professors (who are doctors) tell us that it's going to be like this for about a month (Block 1 and 2) and that by Block 3, we'll be bombarded with hard topics and that's the time that the reality of med school will actually hit us right smack in the face.

I noticed during this week that ALL of our professors told us that IT WAS GOING TO BE HARD FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS and that we won't be able to reap our efforts or have an established practice until we reach past 40 years old. Being in med school is like throwing away your social life and putting the burden of the world on your shoulders, they said. Well, I don't care ~ I'm here to prove to myself that I can do it :P.

On a sad note, we tried out for the College of Medicine's fraternity, and we were initially accepted but we failed (because we had to go home to our city, we missed the orientation = forfeit). Sigh. I feel bad about that, but I guess there must be a reason why I didn't make it :P. I'll try again next year if I get the chance again.

I'm trying to get into "StudyingMode" again, but it's so hard to do so!!! since I forsook that skill one year ago after the Nurse Licensure Exam. I hope I can get my groove soon, because I'm pretty sure it's going to be an uphill climb from hereon.

Argee, Gab and I smiling freakishly while waiting for our orders. I'm hoping to lose 8 kilos this year XD

0 Kindred Spirits:

Post a Comment